Appearing in "New Beginnings"
- New Man (appears in both flashback and main story)
- Gen¹³ (Cameo)
- Glory (Cameo) (flashback only)
- New Men (Cameo) (flashback only)
- Youngblood (Cameo) (flashback only)
- Extreme Universe/Wildstorm Universe
Synopsis for "New Beginnings"
After the Keep’s departure from Earth, New Man flies to New York City and sees riots in the streets. As he approaches the Halo Corporation to seek the help of Emp, he realizes what is stoking people’s hatred. In a bunker beneath Washington, D.C., an alien called Sith that psychically feeds on negative emotions is using his captive telepath Psi-Fire as a conduit to stimulate hatred worldwide. New Man enters the Halo building and approaches the WildC.A.T.s, but Ladytron immediately attacks him. New Man fends her off, and Majestic informs him that Emp is dead. Having met New Man centuries before, Majestic recognizes him, but he is reluctant to have the WildC.A.T.s. intervene in the riots. New Man explains the hate effect and that he lacks the power to stop it himself. Majestic summons the team, and New Man briefs them on Sith, but Condition Red and Ladytron have already succumbed to the effect. They attack New Man, but he uses his powers to freeze them. He then leads the rest of the team outside only to find the riots have ended, and the hate effect has stopped. Later, New Man says goodbye to Majestic and flies away.
- This issue is part of the "Hate!" event featured across the Extreme Universe line of titles in early 1996. In Maximage #3, Maximage identifies the alien Sith as the source of the psychic hate plague and stops him.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Man Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Images from New Man Vol 1 2