Appearing in "The Weight"
- Jack Simon (First Appearance) (appears in both flashback and main story)
- Supreme (Enigma duplicate)
- Horatio Wells (flashback only)
- The Allies (Cameo) (flashback only)
- Spawn (Cameo) (flashback only)
- Thor (flashback only)
- Youngblood (Cameo) (flashback only)
- Mjolnir (flashback only)
Plot Synopsis for "The Weight"
Journalist and writer Jack Simon takes Supreme to an abandoned military facility in Arizona. Simon tells him he is not the original Supreme and recalls the original Supreme’s ultraviolent exploits during World War II. The Smithsonian hired Simon during the war to produce a sanitized version of Supreme’s activities. Simon explains that the original Supreme was a convict named Ethan Crane transformed by the experiments of Dr. Horatio Wells. Once Crane became Supreme and disappeared, Wells resigned, fled to Germany, and seemingly died early in the war. Supreme resurfaced and fought the Nazis alongside the Allies before leaving for space after the war. Simon went on to write comic books about Supreme and researched his origins further. He learned Supreme did not escape Wells’ project but rather was taken to the facility in Arizona where scientists tried to recreate him. When Supreme returned 50 years later, his behavior was so different that Simon did not believe it was truly him. Eventually, the U.S. government confiscated Simon’s files on Supreme. Undeterred, Simon kept investigating until the current Supreme appeared. He dismisses Maxine Winslow’s recent biography and questions whether the original Supreme ever returned to Earth at all. Having thoroughly confused the current Supreme, Simon reiterates that he is not the original Supreme and that the original is still out there. On an alien planet, the older Supreme is loaded into a stasis pod and launched into space.
- No special notes.
- The character Jack Simon is an homage to comics artist Jack Kirby and his 1940s creative partner, writer Joe Simon.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Cover gallery for the Supreme series
Links and References
- No external links.